Our company and product
HOMER Energy’s proprietary software is the global standard for the microgrid industry - an explosive, disruptive change in how electricity is produced and distributed. Our software license revenue has increased 8-fold over the last two years and continues to accelerate. Although we are a small company, we have customers in 193 countries, and we work with companies of every size. We are located in central Boulder, walking distance from the new transit center and the 29th Street district.
HOMER Energy is a privately-held, closely-aligned, fast-paced company that provides many opportunities for career growth. We are small enough to know everyone personally. We are united in our passion for renewable energy and being part of the future of electric power. You’ll work with a smart, mission-driven team working to scale clean energy microgrid systems around the world. We use an agile management and execution approach to everything – self-organized teams that continuously deliver based on the highest possible value. We love creativity and participation. Expect to be pushed to your limits and beyond!
How to apply
Send a resume and cover letter explaining why you are a great fit for the position to email@example.com. All positions are open until filled.
Are you looking to join a hardworking team of professionals who make an impact? HOMER Energy seeks an experienced Product Manager to lead us to the next level.
The Position: As Director of Product Management, you will lead the strategic direction for our product lines to support high-growth objectives while also increasing the profitability of existing products.
- Identify market, regulatory, and technological drivers and work with product development to keep the company current on new market trends that can be leveraged to shape the product offerings.
- Provide technical, functional, and business expertise with responsibility for HOMER Energy’s product strategy and roadmap.
- Perform in an agile scrum development process, collaborating with multiple teams to guide initiatives through the development lifecycle, bringing high quality software and services to market.
- Coordinate multiple teams (development, QA, marketing, support, sales, services, training) to assure that all aspects of the business are aware of and aligned with new products or features.
- Define, monitor and analyze metrics that inform the success of products.
- Quantify and validate total available market for new and existing product offerings.
- Identify target markets and create a product vision to meet the needs of those markets.
- Conduct ongoing competitive analysis to assist in product investment, pricing, and positioning decisions.
- Specify market requirements for current and future product releases by conducting market research supported by on-going conversations and visits to customers and non-customers.
- Collaborate with development to define product releases and ongoing feature set decisions throughout the development process. Ensure all development is customer ready and meets targeted needs, and that processes are coordinated to provide maximum impact.
- Develop comprehensive business cases to prioritize investments and establish and manage a short and long-term product roadmap.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field required, or equivalent experience. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Experience with the power industry in non-traditional markets and capacities; international experience preferred
- 5+ years of experience in a product-focused capacity
- Experience with quantitative and technical analytical techniques
- Familiarity with relational and non-relational databases
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing projects in a fast-paced environment through strategic planning, prioritization, and task delegation
- Superb organizational abilities
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills
- A strong appetite and aptitude for technical knowledge
- A passion for renewable energy and the goals of the company
- An understanding of business process & the application of technology in achieving business objectives.