Positions currently open:
Our company and product
HOMER Energy’s proprietary software is the global standard for the microgrid industry - an explosive, disruptive change in how electricity is produced and distributed. Our software license revenue has increased 8-fold over the last two years and continues to accelerate. Although we are a small company, we have customers in 193 countries, and we work with companies of every size. We are located in central Boulder, walking distance from the new transit center and the 29th Street district.
HOMER Energy is a privately-held, closely-aligned, fast-paced company that provides many opportunities for career growth. We are small enough to know everyone personally. We are united in our passion for renewable energy and being part of the future of electric power. You’ll work with a smart, mission-driven team working to scale clean energy microgrid systems around the world. We use an agile management and execution approach to everything – self-organized teams that continuously deliver based on the highest possible value. We love creativity and participation. Expect to be pushed to your limits and beyond!
How to apply
Send a resume and cover letter explaining why you are a great fit for the position to email@example.com. All positions are open until filled.
Vice President of Sales
Are you looking to join a hardworking team of professionals who make an impact? HOMER Energy seeks a motivated, experienced VP of Sales to lead us in 2-4X revenue growth over the next 12-48 months, by focusing on our largest accounts with major players in the power industry.
As Vice President of Sales, you will lead the sales and business development efforts of the company. You will create demand and grow the sales team along with revenue. You will work closely with the marketing and sales operations groups to maximize inside sales, including mining them for potential enterprise sales, and with the business development and product teams to develop, close, and maximize enterprise sales. You will serve on the executive team to coordinate company-wide strategy and execution.
- Develop plans and strategies for developing business and achieving the company’s sales goals
- Personally closing enterprise sales
- Create a culture of success and ongoing business and goal achievements
- Grow the sales teams, sales operations, and resources to deliver profitable growth
- Define optimal sales force structure, including compensation and incentive programs for sales staff
- Manage customer expectations and contribute to a high level of customer satisfaction
- Provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting
- Proven ability to close 5 to 6-figure sales efficiently
- Successful experience building a go-to-market strategy and corporate sales plan for companies moving from the low millions in revenues to tens of millions or more
- Proven experience working with a small company environment, preferably in the startup to growth phase
- Successful experience utilizing a CRM to manage team sales tasks, pipeline, and closing data
- Demonstrated ability in sales leadership
- Demonstrated understanding of the small-scale power systems market
- Experience with Salesforce CRM
- Experience with software sales
- Experience integrating inside sales with enterprise sales
Are you looking to join a hardworking team of professionals who make an impact? HOMER Energy seeks an experienced DevOps Engineer, with strong Microsoft Azure and Windows experience, to join our growing renewable energy software products team.
As DevOps Engineer, you will create and manage the cloud services used to build microgrids (small independent electric power systems) all over the world. In this role, you’ll work collaboratively with the product team to deploy and operate our systems in a secure and reliable fashion.
- Automate and streamline development operations and processes
- Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring, and operations
- Nightly and release builds
- Product validation tests
- Improve product installation and licensing technology
- Strong background in Windows administration
- Understanding of Azure architecture and best practices for cloud deployment
- Experience with automation/configuration management using Visual Studio Team Services
- Knowledge of cloud security standards including Identity and Access management in Azure
- Experience in implementing continuous integration and continuous delivery in VSTS
- Experience with SQL Server
- Understanding of best practices and IT operations in an always up, always available service
- Working understanding of code and scripts: Powershell, WebJob
- Extreme attention to detail and security issues
- Experience with WiX
- Experience with Amazon Web Services