Our company and product
HOMER Energy’s proprietary software is the global standard for the microgrid industry - an explosive, disruptive change in how electricity is produced and distributed. Our software license revenue has increased 8-fold over the last two years and continues to accelerate. Although we are a small company, we have customers in 193 countries, and we work with companies of every size. We are located in central Boulder, walking distance from the new transit center and the 29th Street district.
HOMER Energy is a privately-held, closely-aligned, fast-paced company that provides many opportunities for career growth. We are small enough to know everyone personally. We are united in our passion for renewable energy and being part of the future of electric power. You’ll work with a smart, mission-driven team working to scale clean energy microgrid systems around the world. We use an agile management and execution approach to everything – self-organized teams that continuously deliver based on the highest possible value. We love creativity and participation. Expect to be pushed to your limits and beyond!
How to apply
Send a resume and cover letter explaining why you are a great fit for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. All positions are open until filled.
Are you looking to join a hardworking team of professionals who make an impact? HOMER Energy seeks an experienced DevOps Engineer, with strong Microsoft Azure and Windows experience, to join our growing renewable energy software products team.
As DevOps Engineer, you will create and manage the cloud services used to build microgrids (small independent electric power systems) all over the world. In this role, you’ll work collaboratively with the product team to deploy and operate our systems in a secure and reliable fashion.
- Automate and streamline development operations and processes
- Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring, and operations
- Nightly and release builds
- Product validation tests
- Improve product installation and licensing technology
- Strong background in Windows administration
- Understanding of Azure architecture and best practices for cloud deployment
- Experience with automation/configuration management using Visual Studio Team Services
- Knowledge of cloud security standards including Identity and Access management in Azure
- Experience in implementing continuous integration and continuous delivery in VSTS
- Experience with SQL Server
- Understanding of best practices and IT operations in an always up, always available service.
- Working understanding of code and scripts: Powershell, WebJob
- Extreme attention to detail and security issues
- Experience with WiX
- Experience with Amazon Web Services