Effective Date: July 25, 2017
2. Information Collected
Information you provide directly. Information you provide directly. You are not required to provide information about yourself in order to visit the Website. However, if you register to use the free Software on the Website or purchase a subscription to any of the Software on the Website, you will be required to provide us certain information about you and your organization, including:
- Contact and demographic information (such as your name, company / employer, address, email address, and phone number); and
- Other information you voluntarily provide to us.
Information we collect automatically. We may collect or obtain certain information about you automatically when you visit the Website, including:
- Your browser type and operating system;
- Your email and Internet Protocol (IP) address;
- Sites you visited before and after visiting the Website;
- Date and time of your visit;
- Web pages and advertisements you view and links you click on within the Website;
- Unique identifiers, including mobile device identification numbers that can identify the physical location of such devices in accordance with applicable law;
- Information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies;
- Information about your interactions with email messages, such as the links clicked on and whether the messages were opened or forwarded; and
- Project-related data.
3. Use of Information
We generally use information (“Information”) we collect about you to:
- Improve or enhance our Software’s functionality and support of our Software;
- Collect, compile and store analytical and project-related data;
- Add to our general knowledge base;
- Generally enhance our understanding of the market for our products and services;
- Understand what kind of hybrid renewable energy systems are of interest to you;
- Understand how you are using our products;
- Link any project information or data provided to your user account;
- Complete a transaction that you have requested;
- Enable you to participate in features such as user replies or comments;
- Tailor our communications to you;
- Enable you to connect to third party vendors and business partners at your option;
- Develop new content and services;
- Analyze the use of the Website and Information about visitors to the Website to understand and improve our content, marketing and service offerings;
4. Disclosure of Information
We may share the information collected from you as follows:
- With your consent. We may share, sell or license your contact or other Information in accordance with specific consent you provide us with third-party business partners or third-party technology vendors who provide microgrid systems and components and related services. Your consent may be demonstrated by affirmatively clicking on an option to provide your contact information to a third party, or “opting-in” or checking a box (or not unchecking a box) to allow such sharing.
- Aggregation. We may aggregate the Information and project-related data collected and share, sell or license this data to third parties, including third-party business partners and technology vendors who provide microgrid systems and components and related services. Any aggregated Information may include information concerning geographic location of the potential microgrid project, organization size, and similar information, but will not contain any personally identifiable information.
- Business transfers. We may share your Information in connection with a substantial corporate transaction such as a merger, consolidation, asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
- Legal requirements. We may disclose Information about our users, including contact information, to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, and other law enforcement measures, and to comply with other legal obligations.
5. Your Choices
You can visit and use the Website without directly providing any personal information; however, as described above, some information may automatically be collected or may be requested so you can take advantage of certain features.
If you choose to share contact information with us, you may change or ask us to change or update your information by contacting us. Please note that we may need to retain some information about you in order to satisfy our legal and security obligations. For example, some of your information may remain in back-up storage even if you ask us to delete it. In some cases, you may be entitled under local laws to access or object to the processing of information that we hold relating to you.
7. Protection of Information
We are committed to protecting your Information. We have adopted commercially reasonable technical, administrative, and physical procedures to help protect your Information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, and alteration. Please note, however, that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of any Information you transmit to us.
8. Privacy Protections for Children
9. User-Generated Content
10. Third Party Sites
HOMER Energy, LLC
Attn: Privacy desk
1790 30th Street, Suite 100
Boulder, Colorado 80301