For front-of-the-meter project screening, site selection, and in-depth project validation
HOMER Front simulates the dispatch of your utility-scale hybrid power system. UL experts provide insights into system performance and IRR.
HOMER Front models your hybrid solar and wind + energy storage or stand-alone utility project to analyze time-of-day energy, wind and solar shifting, wholesale energy (day-ahead and real-time), and capacity market participation.
When HOMER Front is combined with the analysis of the UL advisory team, you gain HOMER software’s unmatched energy storage modeling and accuracy along with UL’s long-standing reputation as independent engineers. The combination delivers accurate modeling, design, economic evaluation and optimization that enables you to:
- Optimize component sizing and determine the value of including storage in your utility-scale power system
- Design a system that maximizes revenue, minimizes operations and maintenance expenses, and determines if a system is economically viable
- Validate revenue projections of power purchase agreements, and wholesale energy and capacity market participation
- Evaluate the internal rate of return (IRR) and screen the viability of project sites
Accuracy you can trust for project development, due diligence and bid evaluation
When major investments in large-scale power systems are on the line, you need accurate system information. HOMER Front + UL Analysis provides reliable, critical insights and advanced sensitivity analysis to meet your system’s financial hurdles. We help you optimize the sizing of energy storage, PV arrays and wind turbine arrays, while considering specific off-take or tender requirements.
Energy storage capacity retention and augmentation strategies
HOMER Front + UL Analysis can help you understand the impacts of energy storage degradation, and the impact of various augmentation strategies on your financial performance. You gain the advatages of:
- Modeling degradation based on warranted values and storage usage
- Optimizing and model multiple augmentation strategies
- Ensuring that system performance consistently meets off-take agreement requirements
- Time-of-day power purchase agreements
- Wholesale energy including day-ahead and real-time market participation
- Capacity reserve markets such as resource adequacy
- Contracted and merchant revenue
- Revenue gains from time-shifting of storage
- Day-ahead and real-time energy markets
- Capacity markets such as resource adequacy
Accurately simulate dispatchable storage and non-dispatchable wind and solar resources
Discover HOMER Front + UL Analysis now
Knowledge is power in today’s evolving energy landscape. Contact us through the form below to learn how HOMER Front + UL Analysis can help you leverage the value of energy storage and maximize the IRR of your project.
Learn MorePress release (PDF)
Put the power of HOMER and UL to work for you
Map shows locations of the more than 250,000 users enabled by HOMER software in over 190 countries around the globe
HOMER Front + UL Analysis is built-on the trusted HOMER software engine used by more than 250,000 energy professionals in over 190 countries, plus the independent engineering expertise of our large advisory team. HOMER software products optimize the value of your hybrid power systems and energy storage whether the system is standalone, grid-connected, behind- or in front-of-the-meter.
Products include HOMER Pro for determining the best, least-cost solution for microgrids; HOMER Grid for designing behind-the-meter, grid-connected systems that save on electricity bill, reduce peak loads, and lower carbon footprints; and HOMER Front + UL Analysis to maximize project IRR in utility-scale hybrid systems.