Leverage the value of energy storage in your utility-scale hybrid power projects
HOMER Front simulates hundreds of possible configurations of your hybrid power system. UL experts provide insights into system profitability and performance.
To successfully develop utility-scale hybrid power systems, you need accurate insight into the multiple complexities including energy storage and its impact on variable revenue streams and system sizing.
Your success depends on the accuracy and quality of your analytic tools.
Simplify complexity. Maximize profitability.
HOMER Front + UL Analysis provides the critical insights needed to determine your hybrid system’s economic viability and generate maximum profit. We help you optimize the sizing of key components, such as energy storage, PV arrays and wind turbines while considering fluctuating energy resources and revenue streams.
Bottom line, you can validate if your front-of-the-meter hybrid project meets required financial goals and internal rate of return (IRR) – before moving forward.
HOMER software’s unmatched energy storage modeling and proven accuracy combined with UL’s long-standing reputation as independent engineers, enables HOMER Front + UL Analysis to deliver actionable techno-economic simulation and optimization that:
- Screens the viability of project sites and validates revenue projections and financial returns
- Analyzes potential profitability of energy and capacity markets and power purchase agreements
- Optimizes component sizing and quantifies the value of energy storage in your project
When accuracy matters most, rest assured your project analysis is performed by HOMER software – backed by decades as the global leader in standard-setting energy modeling software.
For project development, due diligence and bid evaluation: accuracy you can trust
- Time of delivery power purchase agreements
- Energy shifting arbitrage for the wholesale energy market including day-ahead and real-time markets
- Capacity reserve markets such as resource adequacy
- Day-ahead and real-time energy markets
- Power markets including capacity, resource adequacy
- Contracted and merchant revenue
- Revenue gains from time-shifting of storage
- Accurately simulate dispatchable storage and non-dispatchable wind and solar resources
- Model energy storage capacity degradation and augmentation and replacement strategies
HOMER Front + UL Analysis enables you to:
- Understand the impact and value of including storage in your utility-scale power system
- Design a system that maximizes revenue from available revenue streams
- Determine if a system is economically viable
- Evaluate the profitability of energy markets, capacity markets, and power purchase agreements
Discover HOMER Front + UL Analysis now
Knowledge is power in today’s evolving energy landscape. Fill out the form below to learn how HOMER Front + UL Analysis can help you leverage the value of energy storage and maximize profitability of your project.
Learn MorePress release (PDF)
Put the power of HOMER and UL to work for you
Map shows locations of the more than 250,000 users enabled by HOMER software in over 190 countries around the globe
HOMER Front + UL Analysis is built-on the trusted HOMER software engine used by more than 250,000 energy professionals in over 190 countries. All HOMER software products optimize and design the best, least-cost solution for hybrid power systems whether it’s a standalone, grid-connected, behind- or in front-of-the-meter system.
Products include HOMER Pro for standalone microgrids and DERs and HOMER Grid, which helps grid-connected commercial and industrial customers design hybrid renewable energy systems that save on electricity bills, reduce peak loads, and lower carbon footprints.