Model hybrid energy systems to evaluate multiple options and determine the most economic design
HOMER Grid combines engineering and economics information in one comprehensive model. It rapidly performs complex calculations to compare multiple components and design outcomes, identify points at which different technologies become cost-competitive, and consider various options for minimizing project risk and reducing energy expenditures.
Leverage powerful optimization and proven results with the most sophisticated software tool available:
- Determine the best resource mix to deliver the least-cost solution
- Understand and demonstrate the value of demand charge reduction, energy arbitrage, and self-consumption
- Design an optimized system with the best rate of return
- Model electric vehicle charging to minimize the costs of increased energy demand
- Understand the value of participating in incentive and demand-response programs
- Access thousands of library components to easily model a system to meet your specific needs
- Quickly create simple or complex utility tariffs for any country in the world
- Save time and increase sales with insightful customer-facing proposals that demonstrate system value
About HOMER's Modeling Approach
Originally developed at the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL), HOMER software provides insight into the complexities and tradeoffs of designing cost effective, reliable microgrids, driving informed decision making so you can design systems with confidence.
- Simulates real-world performance and delivers an optimized design
- Quickly and efficiently determines least-cost options
- Combines engineering and economics in one powerful model
Learn more about HOMER Grid:
“I love how straightforward HOMER is for setting up and the continuous improvements to modeling options like the new components library. It’s amazing. Over the years I’ve also tried other modeling software, which I like, but does not have such a friendly interface and inputting data is a bit more complex. Also, HOMER has a more updated database of components and it’s easier to add them.”
--Mauricio Solano-Peralta, Infratec Ltd.